Recently I was asked to participate in a “Healthy Baking Challenge,” a celebration of homemade, guilt-free, fresh-baked goods in recognition of National Nutrition Month (March) hosted by healthy food brand, Carrington Farms, and T-fal bakeware.
When it comes to baking, it’s hard not to think of all that sugar, flour, and butter. But—the Healthy Baking Challenge allowed to re-approach baking with recipes that can be simplified, nutritious and delicious.
In order to get my baking on, I had the help from the following products:
Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray: Convenient, easy-to-use, nonstick zero calorie spray, Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Cooking Spray is ideal for anything from pancakes, eggs, and baking goodies! This all-natural coconut spray easily coats baking pans and keeps food from sticking to cookware, making cleanup effortless.Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil: All-Natural, Gluten-Free, Hexane-Free, and Non-GMO, this liquid coconut oil is a fantastic alternative to traditional oils (vegetable, olive, canola, corn, etc.). And while this liquid coconut oil retains all of the health benefits of traditional coconut oil without the odor/flavor of coconuts, it also remains liquid in form. Carrington’s Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil has a higher heat point than traditional olive oils and is a perfect addition for your baking dishes.Carrington Farms Flax Chia Seeds: Combining the best health benefits of both Flax and Chia seeds, the Carrington Farms Flax Chia Blend is an excellent source of energy and nutrients for lasting heart health and boosted metabolism. Throw them in the mix for a healthy twist on your favorite baked good classics.T-fal AirBake Natural: The go-to cookie sheet for any household, the T-fal AirBake Natural Sheet Set provides an overall enhanced baking performance with its insulated aluminum sheets and MicroDome technology. This means better browning, no burning, and decreased bake times. Your cookies will never look or taste better!
So here are a couple of recipes I came up with to feature products from Carrington Farms and T-Fal. Baking doesn't have to be complex. It can be simple and have a few ingredients!Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Cookies!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Carrington Farms Flax Chia Seeds
- 1 large egg
- optional: 1 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F. If you are not using a T-fal AirBake Natural Sheet, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough into approximately 12 walnut sized balls and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. Carrington Farms Flax Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Slowly add in the milk and Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil. Mix until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. I used a larger mug to make sure it would not over flow.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high
- Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy! Top with whipped topping, chocolate syrup, etc.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received the above mentioned product for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.