Available through Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com
Rated E for Everyone
Embark on a journey to the ancient Mayan empire. When the Sacred Disc of Tikal opens up, it’s up to you to solve the age-old mystery surrounding the 30 Tiles of Insight. Travel to the exotic Central American site to uncover the treasures of this rich culture while you match tiles and clear more than 300 puzzle layouts!
- Nine adventurous game modes, including Classic and Adventure.
- Play one of the most popular casual game genres, now on the most popular casual game platform.
- More than 300 puzzle layouts to solve.
- Five tile sets to unlock.
- Three difficulty levels
I recently received a copy of MahJong Journey: Quest for Tikal from MumboJumbo Games.
For a number of years I have been playing MahJong, I think it was the first game I played on the internet. So when I was asked to review this game I jumped at the chance. I love puzzle games and the Mayan culture, so this was a perfect game for me! As you all know the Nintendo DS has a small screen, well that is not a problem for this game! The tiles are big, colorful, bold, clear, and very easy to see.
In Classic mode, this game offers 9 different modes within that: Standard, Countdown (20 minutes to remove all tiles on board), Point Race (remove tiles as fast as you can), Remember (sort of like a memory game), Exchange (symbols on two tiles are swapped every five seconds), Shuffle (a quick matching game or the whole board will change), 10 Seconds (you have to match at least one pair of tiles every 10 seconds or you'll lose 50 points each time), Match (you can temporarily store one or two tiles on a special board so you can reach other tiles easier), and Freecell (try to find the tile displayed on the board within 10 seconds to remove it).
In the Adventure mode, there is dialog that helps to set up the "adventure" story at the start of the game. This mode takes you on an adventure to various places with the tiles and beautiful images. It is an extremely fun mode!
This would be the perfect game for your Nintendo DS player this Christmas! Not only is it a fun game, but adds a little bit of history in there too!
For more information on MumboJumbo Games, check out their official website or follow them on Twitter.
MumboJumbo Games want to make this Christmas special for one lucky OneMommaSavingMoney reader. One reader (US only) will win a copy of MahJong Journey Quest for Tikal for a Nintendo DS. Winner will be chosen by Random.org
1. You must follow my blog. (RSS feed or Google friend connect, bonus entry is you do both!) Please state how you follow. I will check. If you use RSS feed, make sure you confirm subscription. Please post a 2nd comment for Bonus entry
2. Follow OneMommaSavingMoney and MumboJumbo Games on Twitter Please include Twitter name in comments
3. Repost this giveaway on your blog (2 extra entries, post 2x please). Please post link to the post in comments
5. Grab my 2010 Holiday Guide Button and tell me where you posted it
6. 1 daily entry- Follow @OneMommaSavingM on Twitter and tweet the following leaving a direct link in your comment:
Giveaway will end at 5 p.m. EST on November 21, 2010
Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned game to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. For my full disclosure policy please click here
For more great giveaways check out below