Birds Eye is helping families include the goodness of vegetables in the holidays.
- Create Memories and Traditions: Birds Eye makes holiday cooking easy enough for the kids to join in the meal prep and provides recipes so good you’ll want to make them together every year!
- Save Time: Spend more time with family, and less time in the kitchen with quick, easy, delicious recipes with Birds Eye vegetables.
- Keep Veggies on the Menu: Birds Eye makes it easy to include multiple vegetable options on your holiday table.
- Frozen veggies provide as much nutrition as fresh, with added convenience and lower costs.
Apple & Whole Grain Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 4 servings
- 1 bag Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style, cooked according to packge directions
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange acorn squash halves cut-side down in shallow casserole dish with ½-inch water. Bake 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender
- Meanwhile in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook onion and apple, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Italian Blend, cranberries and pine nuts
- Arrange squash cut side up and evenly fill with Italian Blend mixture and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 to 10
- 2 bags (16 oz. ea.) Birds Eye® Cut Green Beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups crispy French fried onions
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix green beans, soup, milk, 1 cup onions and pepper together in an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining onions and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are crispy.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Serves: Makes 10 Cups
- 1 bag Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bag (12 oz.) country style cubed stuffing
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add sausage and cook until browned. Stir in Italian Blend, broth and stuffing cubes. Toss until combined. Stir in Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Turn into large shallow casserole dish and bake 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown
This holiday season I am saving time in the kitchen with the help of Birds Eye vegetables. All I have to do is head down the frozen food aisle and pick up some of our family favorites to help with the holiday meals. I love that not only can you serve Bird's eye veggies alone or add them to your favorite recipe!
I am loving the stuffing recipe with Birds Eye veggies and I plan making a corn casserole this Christmas with Birds Eye corn! Do you have a favorite recipe that you add Bird's Eye veggies too?
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received the above mentioned product for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.