- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon ( I just use the read bacon bit pieces in the salad aisle)
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine diced hash brown potatoes, cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken condensed soup, bacon pieces and cream cheese in slow cooker (I found it was easier to cut the cream cheese into chunks)
- Season with salt and pepper, then use a wooden spoon to mix together.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours (or on LOW for 6 hours), stirring occasionally to mix in the cream cheese.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese!