Looking for a fun treat for Halloween? Why not try these Monster Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. Not a fan of chocolate chips, substitute with peanut butter chip, butterscotch chips, etc.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/s tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- candy eyeballs
- non-stick spray
1. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl use an electric or stand mixer and cream the butter and sugar. Once creamed add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix.
3. With the mixer on slow speed mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Here are some links on where to order candy eyes:
- Wilton 710-0132 Halloween Spooky Candy Eyeballs, 1 oz $3.47 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.
- Wilton Mini Candy Eyeballs $5.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs,0.88 oz,Count of 56 $2.59 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.
- Wilton 710-0167 Red Vein Candy Eyeballs $5.89 & FREE Shipping