Don’t panic - file away this fun, easy kid’s suncatcher craft that requires nothing but household items: water, Epsom salt, and a plastic lid.
Kids Suncatcher Craft
- Measuring cup
- Epsom salt
- Microwaveable dish
- Clear, plastic lid
- Heat ¼ cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add in ¼ cup of Epsom salt
- Stir until the salt crystals have dissolved
- Pour mixture onto the plastic lid (just enough to cover the bottom)
- Let sit by a window overnight
- When completely dry, cut a small hole near the edge of the plastic lid
- Tie string through the hole
- Hang in window!
Looking for some uses of Epsom salt? Check out these ideas below:
- Homemade Pedicure — Combine 1/2 cup Epsom salt and warm soapy water, then soak your feet for 5 minutes to soften skin.
- Facial scrub — Mix 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt with your favorite cleanser or lotion; massage into skin using small circles to give your pores a deep-cleaning. Rinse your face with cool water, pat dry. I have mixed it with Udderly smooth lotion before and it works amazingly!
- Wash Pots and Pans —Place a small amount of Epsom salts into those really-dirty dishes before you scrub them. Epsom salt has an abrasive texture that helps to removed caked on food.
- Clean your washing machine — Washers can have built up gunk, detergent and who knows what. This is perfect for top loaders, no sure on front loaders...but add a quart of clear vinegar and one cup of Epsom salts to your washer that is full of hot water. Let the solution soak for about an hour then continue wash cycle!
I received the above mentioned for free in exchange for an honest review.. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Full Disclosure Policy