For the sixth consecutive year, Entenmann’s & The Salvation Army are partnering to celebrate National Donut Day and the rich heritage behind it! To Celebrate in 2016, Entenmann’s is rolling out the NEW Entenmann’s Rich Frosted Party Sprinkled Donut, an iconic treat made just for National Donut Day 2016!
For every consumer (fan or not) that enters the Facebook “Win Free Donuts for a Year” sweepstakes, $1 will be donated to The Salvation Army, up to $35,000! Fans can learn more about the Sweeps and see the official rules by going to Entenmann’s® Facebook page. Check it out here!
The Salvation Army founded National Donut Day in 1938 to pay tribute to our vets and these delicious sweet treats that everyone loves! “Donut Lassies” originally made donuts in soldiers’ helmets and served them to the soldiers while providing medical and spiritual support during World War I.
One lucky reader (US only) will win a Entenmann prize pack valued at $75! It will consist of: five $7 Entenmann’s coupons, One $25 AMEX gift card, Entenmann’s Party Napkins and Plates, One Entenmann’s National Donut Day T-Shirt and One Rich Frosted Donut Plush Toy with a party hat!
Please wait for the Rafflecopter to load:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NATIONAL DONUT DAY FUN FACTS
- National Donut Day commemorates the “donut lassies,” female Salvation Army volunteers who provided writing supplies, stamps, clothes-mending, home-cooked meals, and of course, donuts, for soldiers on the front lines.
- With limited resources, these treats were fried, only seven at a time. The Salvation Army’s Ensign, Margaret Sheldon and Adjutant Helen Purviance, cleverly thought of frying donuts in soldiers’ helmets. Approximately 250 Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance to American soldiers in France, starting in 1917 during WWI.
- Entenmann’s® Bakery produces more than 780 million donuts a year to keep up with the demands of Entenmann’s donut lovers nationwide.
- The Rich Frosted Donut has been Entenmann’s® #1 seller since its introduction in 1973.
- The Salvation Army is located in more than 120 countries worldwide. In 2015, nearly 30 million Americans received assistance from The Salvation Army's 3,500 officers, 60,700 employees and 3.5 million volunteers.
For more information on National Donut Day 2016, visit www.salvationarmyusa.org, http://www.facebook.com/SalvationArmyUSA, www.entenmanns.com or www.facebook.com/entenmanns.
I may received the above mentioned for free in exchange for an honest review.. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Full Disclosure Policy