Cold weather and short days make it hard to get your pets out and moving, When our pets are active, they are happier and less agitated from being cooped up inside. Here are some tips and tools from Petmate on how to stay warm and stay active - indoors and out - to help your pet have a healthier and happier winter.
- Provide them with extra heat indoors - Most dogs with healthy skin have an ability to insulate themselves as their fur protects them from the cold and heat. Smaller dogs have a larger surface area per body weight, therefore allowing them to lose more body heat. Like a good doggy sweater, you should provide them with extra warmth during the winter months. Big and small dogs will enjoy the added warmth from Petmate’s Shearling Dig & Burrow Beds!
- Indoor Fun and Games - Cold and snow mean less time outdoors for active play, so take the activity inside with fun indoor play - like Chuckit! Dogs love to be mentally challenged, too. A game of Hide and Seek with a favorite toy or treat gets dogs on their feet and helps pet parents engage with them.
- Stay noticed at night - If it is warm enough outside, fresh air is always a great thing but there are two important things to consider. First, be aware of salt on the pavement as it can harm dog’s paws. Make sure you are noticed by cars or other traffic. Maxglow® Glow in the Dark Collars and Leashes are great for providing that extra light to have a nice, quick and safe walk with your pet.
- Provide shelter from the elements - If you have to leave your dog outside during the day they must have a place to go to be protected from the wind. Even worse than the temperature is the wind chill. Shelters provide excellent protection from the elements. Pets should be kept inside during the night to avoid extreme temperatures.
- Keep stress levels down - During the winter months, people may have more guests over for indoor activities and entertainment. If your pet is cooped up in the house for too long, they can easily get wound up with guests. Reduce their stress levels and keep them engaged with the indoor solo play toys such as JW Megalast Glow toys.
- Provide a safe haven for your pets from guests - The holidays may be over, but many households still may be celebrating indoors with events like the Super Bowl. While you may be having a good time, there is a good chance your pets can easily get stressed with too many people in the house. Provide them with a safe haven to retreat to and feel more comfortable. The more comfortable they are, the less likely it is there could be any accidents with them.
The Aspen Pet Shearling Lounger with Dig N Burrow Feature provides the perfect combination of comfort and luxury, while. This cozy bed includes the Dig N Burrow feature - a gathered plush shearling interior specifically designed for pets to dig, paw and snuggle when it's time to sleep. Each lounger is wrapped in soft, supple micro-suede with plush shearling trim and filled with high loft, recycled polyfill. Ideal for small and medium pets that like to curl up. Available in three sizes and two colors, demin blue or dark tan
Shearling Dig N Burrow Beds
• The shearling provides perfect comfort and luxury
• Loungers include Dig N Burrow Fabric to indulge dogs' natural nesting instincts
• Lambswool paw print applique adds fun
• Pillow beds and loungers are filled with high-loft recycled polyfill
• Ortho beds provide joint relief for older pets
• MSRP and Sizing:
• 24x20 Lounger with Dig N Burrow Fabric $32.99
• 30X24 Lounger with Dig N Burrow Fabric $47.99
• 35X27 Lounger with Dog N Burrow Fabric $74.99
• 27X36 Pillow Bed $32.99
• 36X45 Pillow Bed $49.99
• 29X40 Gusset $49.99
• 36X45 Gusset $59.99
• 38X28 Shearling Ortho $49.99
Chuckit! Indoor Ball and Flyer
• Soft construction for indoor use
• Textured chenille fabric
• Bouncflex Core technology makes them lightweight and easy on dog’s mouths
• Perfect for playing fetch when it’s too wet and cold outside
• Indoor Ball is also compatible with the Chuckit! Indoor Launcher• MSRP: $12.99 – $13.99
JW Megalast toys are now glow-in-the-dark, and infused with vanilla. Made from JW’s proprietary super tough Megalastomer™, these fun shapes are made for play and they glow in the dark.
These are some tough and heavy duty bones that off hours of entertainment for your dog! They glow eerily at night, I walked out to the living room late one night and all I could see was that bone glowing on the ground. It is infused with vanilla, so you don't get a rubber scent, your dog will love it!
JW Megalast Glow Toys
• Same fun Megalast shape that Glows in the Dark
• Made from JW’s super tough, proprietary Megalastomer
• Made in the USA
• MSRP: $8.99
So this winter don't forget about your favorite four legged friend! They will give you tons of snuggles and kisses to show their appreciation!
I received the above mentioned products for free to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Full Disclosure Policy