Slooh is an online Space Camera that streams live views of outer space from robotic telescopes stationed around the world straight to the computer screens of users interested in exploring the universe from the comfort of home. Slooh lets users go on virtual space missions and snap instant digital photos of celestial objects like comets, stars and eclipses. They just announced a partnership with Google where all the photos people take in Slooh will now be shared and uploaded to Google Earth, allowing everyone the chance to help “map the universe.”
The Slooh Space Camera Launch Code Cards are sold in Radioshack, at Amazon.com and Toys 'R Us (they are on sale right now!!!) nationwide for $9.99. Each pack has 10 collectible cards and are recommended for ages 8 and up. The packs have 8 cards that each have a specific launch code on them that join up to a predetermined mission. The card includes some information about what you will be seeing on the mission, and a checklist of similar items. There is also one Explore the Unknown card, which will take the user to an unexplored spot in space. From there, you can snap pictures during the mission and share them on the "map the universe" layer on Google Earth.
Slooh cards are the perfect gift for your preteen this holiday season. What other gift can let you explore the Universe from a LIVE observatory, chase comets and travel through outer space Live via Slooh's robotic mountaintop observatory telescopes. These are also great to collect and trade your Launch Code cards! Perfect for amateur astronomy, kid astronomy or just about anyone!
One lucky OneMommaSavingMoney reader will win a package of Slooh Space Camera Launch cards. Since I am the one handling the shipping of this prize, I am going to limit the winner to living in the Continental US.
Winner will be chosen by Random.org
1. You must follow my blog. (RSS feed or Google friend connect, bonus entry is you do both!) Please state how you follow. I will check. If you use RSS feed, make sure you confirm subscription. Please post a 2nd comment for Bonus entry
2. Follow OneMommaSavingMoney on Twitter Please include Twitter name in comments
3. Repost this giveaway on your blog (2 extra entries, post 2x please). Please post link to the post in comments
4. Become a fan of One Momma Saving Money n Facebook.
5. 1 daily entry- Follow @OneMommaSavingM on Twitter and tweet the following leaving a direct link in your comment:
Giveaway will end at 5 p.m. EST on December 13, 2010
Disclosure: I received a pack of cards to facilitate this review and use as a giveaway. I was not compensated in any other way. For my full disclosure policy please click here