The Frugal Foodie CookbookWaste-Not Recipes for the Wise Cook
Big Taste for Small Change
Lara Starr is a baker, blogger, and a cook with a calculator. Lynette Shirk is a four-star Frugal Foodie who has cooked at Masa's, Postrio, Chez Panisse, and Williams-Sonoma. Together they have cooked up a recipe-filled guide to eating better than ever on less. The Frugal Foodie Cookbook will show you how to creatively and cleverly use ingredients and leftovers to produce wonderful, inexpensive meals for any occasion.
The Frugal Foodie Cookbook covers everything from roasting coffee at home to concocting inexpensive, crave-worthy casseroles and whipping up snacks on a budget. Starr and Shirk feature irresistible recipes like Shaves Shrimp Rolls, Gourmet PBJ, and Exponential Chicken—which stretches the bird over five different courses. With hundreds of delicious dishes and expert advice, The Frugal Foodie Cookbook will keep you living well and eating better.
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book. It is a quality book chalk full of recipes and ideas. Not only does it have your normal breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas, but it also contains kid friendly ideas, snacks, thrifty gift ideas and party ideas. I especially loved the Flashback candy recipes. I have made the Cracker toffee and it is amazing. Super easy and tastes wonderful. This cookbook not only gives you the recipe, but also variations! I can't wait to try out some of the new variations. I am sure these will be a hit this Christmas in my cookie/candy gift trays!
With the holidays approaching there are a ton of breakfast and brunch recipes in The Frugal Foodie to make this year a memorable one. If you are looking for some fun and exciting desserts to take to a get together, why not try the Dirt Cheap Self Filling Cupcakes, they are sure to be a hit! I recently made the chocolate cupcakes with the cream cheese filling. They are divine.
Since this is a money saving, bargain blog I am sure you all will love this book as it is right in line with my blog!
On to the Giveaway!!!
Thanks to the wonderful people at Cleis Press 1 winner (Continental U.S.) will receive a copy of the Frugal Foodie
Winner will be chosen by Random.org
1. You must follow my blog. (RSS feed or Google friend connect, bonus entry is you do both!) Please state how you follow. I will check. If you use RSS feed, make sure you confirm subscription. Please post a 2nd comment for Bonus entry
2. Follow OneMommaSavingMoney on Twitter Please include Twitter name in comments
3. Repost this giveaway on your blog (2 extra entries, post 2x please). Please post link to the post in comments
4. Become a fan of The Frugal Foodie on Facebook. Please also fan One Momma Saving Money while you are there.
5. Grab my 2010 Holiday Guide Button and tell me where you posted it
7. 1 daily entry- Follow @OneMommaSavingM on Twitter and tweet the following leaving a direct link in your comment:
Giveaway will end at 5 p.m. EST on November 11, 2010
Disclaimer: I received a copy of The Frugal Foodie to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. For my full disclosure policy please click here