Baby Baby Baby! (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky; ISBN: 978-1-4022-4414-8; Board Book $7.99; October 2010) by Marilyn Janovitz.
Author and illustrator Marilyn Janovitz has created an evenly flowing rhyme that offers a giggly and bouncy story that's perfect for babies and their families. In this adorable board book, little baby does various activities with each member of the family, including Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Kitty, and Puppy. Children, from newborns to 5 years old, will enjoy the interactive elements that encourage participation with the reader through such actions as clapping, hugging, kissing, and more before bedtime. Entertaining and lively text coupled with engaging art makes this a wonderful bedtime story that children will want to hear over and over again, and the fall pub date makes it a perfect gift for the holidays.
Marilyn Janovitz is the author/illustrator of over a dozen children's books, including Can I Help?, Is It Time?, and What Can Be Keeping Santa?. She lives in New York City and is a former antiques dealer. She is also an assemblage artist whose works have been featured in advertisements and on textiles. Visit her web site at www.marilynjanovitz.com.
Throughout this book, the baby goes through a variety of sound-and-motion actions such as clapping, dancing, giggling, crawling, etc. It is an engaging book and encourages your little one to follow along. Each action is repeated so children can pick up the pattern and act out the motions and read along. This book made my son laugh.
On to the Giveaway!!!
Thanks to the wonderful people at Sourcebooks 1 winner (in the U.S. only) will win a copy of Baby Baby Baby!
Winner will be chosen by Random.org
1. You must follow my blog. (RSS feed or Google friend connect, bonus entry is you do both!) Please state how you follow. I will check. If you use RSS feed, make sure you confirm subscription. Please post a 2nd comment for Bonus entry
2. Follow OneMommaSavingMoney on Twitter Please include Twitter name in comments
3. Repost this giveaway on your blog (2 extra entries, post 2x please). Please post link to the post in comments
4. Grab my 2010 Holiday Guide Button and tell me where you posted it
5. 1 daily entry- Follow @OneMommaSavingM on Twitter and tweet the following leaving a direct link in your comment:
Enter to #win a copy of "Baby Baby Baby!" from @OneMommaSavingM http://tiny.cc/bnsf1
Giveaway will end at 5 p.m. EST on November 19, 2010